Work at Chrysler
It takes an entire team to do something big. We work hard to care for an impressive art collection of more than 30,000 objects and to create a welcoming and engaging environment for our visitors. We strive to make a difference in our community by bringing art and people together to enrich and transform lives. Help us fulfill that mission, and join the Chrysler team.
Museum Store Manager
The Museum Store Manager manages all aspects of the Museum Store, including planning, purchasing, customer service, pricing, inventory control, and merchandising.Expand to see full description
Job Title: Museum Store Manager
Division: Visitor Services
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Deputy Director for Visitor Experience
Revised: August 2019
Manages all aspects of the Museum Store, including planning, purchasing, customer service, pricing, inventory control, and merchandising.
- Provides all visitors to the Museum Store with excellent customer service.
- Using his/her experience, selects vendors and merchandise for the Museum Store. Negotiates merchandise price and ensures availability schedule. Follows an Open to Buy plan and maintains good control of the total inventory.
- Designs or works with consultants to design all custom products.
- Sets prices and merchandises all product in the store to ensure that goals in revenue, capture rate, margin, and average sale are met or exceeded.
- Designs and implements a series of changing creative displays that showcase merchandise.
- Purchases all fixtures and supplies for the store.
- Serves as liaison between the Store and other departments within the Museum (e.g., Visitor Services, Special Events, Exhibitions, Registration, Curatorial) on a variety of projects including merchandise for special exhibitions and custom product.
- Coaches and motivates Gallery Hosts assigned to the Museum Store each day. Provides performance feedback to the Visitor Services Manager.
- Prepares and approves purchase orders and invoices for submission to Accounting.
- Conducts an annual inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Qualified candidates will possess a BA/BS degree and significant retail experience to include at least 2 years in a multi-channel specialty products environment or equivalent, preferably as Store Manager. Museum store experience and art history knowledge a plus. Must have proven success managing in a fast-paced, complex environment with high traffic/high volume. The ideal candidate will also be a detail and results-oriented self–starter, who exhibits initiative and provides leadership by example. Effective problem solving, critical thinking and multi-tasking experience are also essential.
Position will be based in a busy environment and will be subject to frequent interruptions.
Must be able to lift and carry file boxes and other awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetic that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Colleen Higginbotham at email@example.com.
Part-time Special Event Supervisor
The Special Event Supervisor provides coordination and supervision of events while serving as the primary contact/liaison between Lessee and event personnel on the day of the event.Expand to see full description
Job Title: Event Supervisor (part-time)
Division: Special Events
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Special Events Manager
Revision Date: April 2019
Facilitates the logistics of rental and other Museum events on the day of the event. Serves as the Manager on Duty during events.
- Provides coordination and supervision of events while serving as the primary contact/liaison between Lessee and event personnel on the day of the event.
- Coordinates with vendors and internal staff to be sure work orders are executed correctly.
- Ensures compliance with Museum policies and procedures while providing the highest level of service to Lessees.
- Assists with inventory and other maintenance needs within the Events department.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High School diploma or equivalent is required, BA/BS preferred. Previous work experience in customer service and/or hospitality is required. Event management experience is strongly preferred, as is experience with theatre equipment.
Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent communications skills. Must have a serious work ethic coupled with sound judgment, and be willing to “roll up the sleeves” to do what is needed in situations while also maintaining a “big picture” strategic view and a positive attitude. Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple, competing priorities.
The hours for this position will vary week to week based on the schedule of events, work will include evening and weekend hours.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs, including up and down stairs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Amber Lomele, Special Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Special Event Supervisor + your name