This annual spring symposium is an opportunity for students to hone their research, writing, and presentation skills. Research projects and papers must be on works or artists in the Chrysler’s collection; historical or cultural links to the Chrysler’s collection; or research relating to the museum field. Students may present an alternative research idea which must be vetted by Museum staff. Participants will be selected by faculty.
- early fall: student (s) are selected by faculty and meet with Chrysler staff
- mid-fall: students’ research ideas are approved by faculty and Chrysler staff
- mid-fall/early-spring: students conduct research, write papers, and prepare their presentations
- mid-spring: students rehearse their presentations at the Museum
- late spring: students present their research during a symposium at the Chrysler
- paper length of no more than 10 pages
- presentation length of no more than 20 minutes
For more information about the symposium, please contact Allison Taylor, Director of Education, at 757-965-2046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.