- This event has passed.
Virtual Camp Chrysler (ages 5–11) Week 3, July 27–30
The most frequently asked question at the Museum (other than “Where is the bathroom?”) is, “How is that art?” While the crushed-up car in Gallery 223 might seem out of place, the ancient Greeks would think our collection of their glass bottles was strange, too. Common, everyday materials end up in our collection more than you might think. Look at some ancient and some very new art created from recycled materials, and then make your own! We’ll design robots, collage portraits, quilt-inspired greeting cards, and abstract pieces from your recycling bin and pay homage to the ancient Greeks through a vessel. We’ll also learn about artists who are saving the planet and creating cool stuff in a story reading every day.
What do you get?
Virtual Camp Chrysler (ages 5–11) $64 for Museum Members, $80 for non-members
- Daily sketchbook prompts to introduce our object of the day
- Daily live 10 a.m. video from our galleries to discuss our object of the day*
- Daily live 11 a.m. video from our Education Workshop to guide you through the art activity related to our object of the day. Written instructions will also be provided.*
- Daily live 1 p.m. interactive storytime. We’ll provide a list at the beginning of the week if you’d like to read the books on your own.*
- Links to additional activities, videos, and things to explore
- Opportunities to engage with other students, professional artists, and curators
- Art supply kit included with purchase
*Daily live videos will be recorded, so if you miss it you can watch later!